Friday, March 21, 2008

If all your friends jumped off the cliff, would you?


As I was perusing the Internet this morning, I came across an article about Edward Norton, a celebrity that is all about going green. Who is this guy???I had no idea of who he was, I had to look him up on IMDB.com (Apparently he was in the Italian Job and Fight Club). Even though he's a no name to me he is really making a name for himself in the environmental community.

Mr. Norton has created a non-profit called BP Solar Neighbors. The programs helps celebrities help others. For every solar powered system a celebrity buys for his or her home another system is donated to a deserving low income family in South Central Los Angeles. Well Mr. Norton you are alright with me. If you don't already know these solar powered systems can be quite costly. Sure you say there are other ways to help out but imagine having your $200 electricity bill drop to $20...I know, that's absolutely fabulous!!!

Edward Norton isn't the only celebrity going green, Cameron Diaz, George Clooney, Brad and Angie, Leonardo DiCaprio and the list goes on and on.

So when I say if all your friends jumped off the cliff, would you? Maybe you should...

Check out these links to see which of your favorite superstars are going green.

http://teens.aol.com/originals/red-cares/green-celebs

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/GlobalWarming/story?id=2781681&page=1

My Favorite: http://www.ecorazzi.com/

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

On average how much do one of these systems cost and do you have one in your home? If not, how do you explain your $20 a month energy bill??? Talley, are you sleeping w/ the ConEd man? I mean, if so, I'm not mad, I'm just saying....

L.Humphrey said...

This is a great initiative, it is like a buy one-get one sale! People helping people to help the earth and saving money in the end!